Tuesday, December 6, 2011

November through December


 Once December comes it gets hectic. We usually don't start to decorate until at least the 23rd. It's been a ritual. We find the last tree no one else wants. We drink something sweet. Jim gets on a ladder to string some lights. I point to the right. To the left. We laugh. I start to get too bossy. Jim has better ideas than me, his Danish DNA, so we go with it. This year I have an urge to get rid of anything holiday-ish that doesn't resonate with me or mean anything to me. 
Jim said, "Even those orange tree balls?"
I said, " Yeah I don't care about those."
He said, "Really? Why?"
Me: "Because I can't remember why I got them in the first place. I think because they're orange, but other that I think I was just desperate for some stuff when I got them." 
He said, "Yeah I gotcha".

I'm in the mood for some new memories, no more schoolyard shit.

6 comments:

erin said...

purge and start again. i get it.

Cindy said...

yeah, bring it! love your pics & a naturally-inspired theme sounds good to me, so you don't have to worry if it's all still up in february!

Bonbon Oiseau said...

Ha! yes and yes. I figure I'd donate the orange balls and all the other little useless baubles to some folks it might mean more to, ya know?

John said...

I think your orange Christmas balls might be appreciated cross-town, by the Frenchie's spouse.

annton said...

perfect, that is how you should do it! and the story about the tree, well, very familiar. very much, indeed!

Bonbon Oiseau said...

I think you're right John...a cat in need.
And yes, Annton--the tree heard around America!