Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Bonbon loves Gleena with a capital L





Secret: I am in love with Gleena Ceramics. I've done shows with Asya, the artist behind the line, over the years and always want to take one of her pieces home with me. I finally got to meet her at the Brooklyn Flea a few weeks ago when I was lucky enough to be her neighbor. I got to stare all day at Asya's beautiful work.
I finally got my Gleena collection started with two of these little petal nesting bowls...No. 9 and No. 12. I love the sensual feeling of the work along with the delicate old graphics and lettering she picks...I'll see her again on the 16th and I think I'm going to finally get some platters and bowls and cups and....oh man...help!





More favorites and her blog and her etsy shop. Good for Mother's Day huh if I don't keep it all myself?

Hey! I'm here today on reading my tea leaves one of my new favorite blogs (!) and also here (scroll down to the bottom!)

22 comments:

littlebyrd said...

These are just beautiful!! I really love the one with the sea shell. I had a quick peek at her blog and it looks wonderful as well.

Danielle said...

Gorgeous!

hmstrjam said...

lovely!

Miss | A said...

i am in love with them too now...

Karen said...

These are unbelievably beautiful -- I'm in love!

P. said...

Those look absolutely luscious. xoxox

Julia said...

They're the perfect combination of elegance and simplicity! I love the type treatments she uses!

onesilentwinter said...

don't you just love it! she was at the risd alumni sale with cynthia this past weekend! i have bought a few pieces in the past and have my eye on more!

Fifi Flowers said...

Those are FAB!!!

georgia b. said...

these are so simple and beautiful.

erin said...

what a find--so beautiful! so glad to have you visiting tea leaves today!

Zoe said...

omg! I want each and every single one! K? thanks!

Cindy said...

i love gleena's work! it's definitely on my wish list.

cindy* said...

um...i think these are the ceramics of my dreams. swoon...

Elizabeth said...

Dear Bon
these delighted me.
I'm a sucker for ceramics.
So when the rain stops how about a bike ride to Chelsea to meet Buster?

TheBeautyFile said...

Absolutely love...this is so my style...the colors...the fonts...so so pretty!

Mary-Laure said...

Just moved into a new apartment - a good time to invest in new tableware? These are unbelievably lovely.

dee said...

I adore these...truly. Thanks for the intro:)

AC said...

i wish i'd picked some up the last time. i will miss her the next time she's at the flea :(

the simplicity of her designs are what make them so beautiful. LOVE.

jen jafarzadeh said...

These are absolutely stunning. I've just been staring at those number bowls with love. Sad to miss Gleena at the Flea as I'll be at Javitz walking the shows. Thanks for sharing!!

Amanda said...

I keep thinking about these and coming back to look at them EVERY. DAY. Sometimes twice a day. My my.

Mrs.French said...

how did I miss these? wow...I want the nesting bowls too...off to check out her blog and etsy shop...xo t