Sunday, August 9, 2009

artists at work

I was excited when Deb invited me to post while she is away. I have been wanting to share a wonderful book with her called Artists at Work. The gorgeous photography is by David Seidner, and gives an intimate glimpse into the studios of well-known artists. Whenever my own studio needs rearranging, I flip through this book, and am always inspired. (click on the images for a larger view)


Philip Taaffe's studio


Roy Lichtenstein's studio


Ross Bleckner's studio


Louise Bourgeois' studio


Joan Mitchell's studio


Brice Marden's studio

7 comments:

molly said...

love these spaces...and give me great ideas for my new studio, so happy to be on track!

montague said...

gosh golly, i want to live in that room in the top photo!
those light blue window frames... wow!

TERI REES WANG said...

Is it true that all accomplished artists' studios are clean..?

I need to get clean. ;P

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melissa de la Fuente said...

Wow.....these are absolutely gorgeous. Such beautiful spaces and thank you for the introduction to so many amazing artists.
xo
Melis

Mrs.French said...

I have serious studio envy...wow...xo t

Bonbon Oiseau said...

asya, thank you. i feel calmed by looking at this, returning home to more finishing of the space..these spaces remind me i don't have to have everything perfect, that i can just continue to be me in there...thanks--what a gift.