Thanksgiving-ukkah comes but once every 6000 years. I seem to have bitten off a lot here at the Bonbon International Headquatres. And whenever the going gets supah supah busy, I get distracted and decide to wing a really unscientific baking session, yesterday's included pumpkin puree, orange flower water and almond/coconut flour.
Then, in the last 24 hours, these ten things happened:
1. Worked on Bonbons for holiday orders, new methods introduced including beeswax and french knots.
2. Worked on my final Urban Landscape Design project, the BBG class that the great What Possessed Me made me take and now I am nervously trying to distinguish between types of big phallus-shaped hydrangea and apple trees that can be espaliered. Thanks P! It's still not finished and is totally unrealistic and not suitable for real live persons (can a human sit on a 9-inch bench?) but I am enriched I guess, and also very frustrated.
3. Organized my week but then quickly got disorganized in trying to get organized.
4. Ate 7 of the 12 Experimental Pumpkin-Orange Flower muffins.
5. Felt sick.
6. Fell asleep during Homeland. Heard Jim in the background saying things, like "HOLY SHIT!" and "NO WAY!!!!"
7. Dreamt I left the keys in the car in a parking garage in Southern Laos and then the car got stolen and I had to explain this to Jim and I lied and then I felt even worse and then some adventure ensued and then the cat was licking my hair again.
8. Remembered that, according to This American Life, no one cares about my dreams unless it's a shrink who gets excited about "Dream Work". What? What's that you say about boring self-indulgent droning? I CAN'T HEAR YOU SARAH KOENIG'S MOM?!
9. Made a count down list of everything that needs to get done before everyone comes to my house for Thanksgiving-Hanukkah-Sophie's birthday party. But not a list of what we can and can't talk about.
10. I have a lot of shit to do.
So before I begin I will just say, Those Muffins Were Great:
PUMPKIN ORANGE FLOWER MUFFINS
(that also happen top be gluten-free and delicious)
1 cup organic pumpkin pie mix--get the can from "Farmer's Market" that is already spiced--it's so good!
(if not add 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp ground cloves)
1/3 c. Melted coconut oil
1/8 c. honey
1/3 c. maple syrup
3 eggs, whisked
1 tsp vanilla
optional- 2 tsp of orange flower water if you have it
1/3 c. Coconut flour
2/3 c. Almond meal
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
Preheat oven to 350 f.
Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and then in a separate bowl mix dry ingredients. Mix the two together--the batter should be a bit think, not runny. Fill little muffin cups 3/4 full and top with a pecan half, a drizzle of maple syrup and maybe if you want to get crazy a little sprinkle of demarara sugar. Bake for about 30-40 minutes. Let cool and be cool.
Cute little baking cups in an odd color for a pumpkin muffin,
but nevertheless found on a
way-of-killing-time-I-don't-really-have-shopping-trip at the Container Store.
The cold fall light has been beautiful and the Nearly Impossible Conference last week was...
Seth Godin and his infinite wisdom
at the Nearly Impossible Conference
James Victore and his infinite awesomeness
at the Nearly Impossible Conference
Expert Lab at Nearly Impossible
Nearly Impossible 2013 was two full days of full-on amazingness. I am still reeling at having met so many wonderful and inspiring people all in one room. I learned so much and gathered so much valuable information which was perfect for where my head was lurking these last last few months but mostly I am still here and even more super ready for everything.
Holidays orders, especially for Thanksgiving-Hanukkah should be in by Wednesday, November 20th!
That's just a few days from now, mes petits darlings so start perusing and deciding and tomorrow I'll give you an idea of where we'll be this holiday season so you can buy them live and in person from us in New York City!
The Beads(which supports us and also a wonderful organization called Room to Read)
The MoneyClips and Fobs and Tieclips (some of which are monagrammable)
Buy any of these here and we'll wrap them so beautifully for you!
God, I hope so.