Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Bon Thanksgiving and Thanksgivingukkah





Deciding to do more of the things I wanted to do and less of the things I didn't want to do, I realized I was on to something. It started to keep the noise out. And then it really did. And blew up so large that all the yesses (rather than the no's) became manageable (even when they didn't feel that way) and lovable and staying up late working was easy. And suddenly time opened up. 
What? Wait. How? 
It just did. 

Then there were so many beads and cakes, and Thai take-out containers (as well as roasted chicken bones) and did I tell you I've been volunteering, helping kids who are having trouble reading, learn to read? And taking a landscape design class? It's a lot. But it's all feeding into my master plan: my soul. And my soul is glad the design class is over tomorrow night right before the holiday rush, although it was super fun and I learned a lot!.

(Christmas orders coming up!)

And we're hosting Thanksgiving dinner again, my favorite dinner to cook. We do Fall really well in this house if Jim do say so himself. (I love that man.) 
On last year's menu was:

Sage Roasted Turkey with Shallot Madeira Gravy
Cornbread Stuffing with Prunes, Cippolini, Chestnuts & Thyme
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Carrots with Honey
Mashed Purple Fingerlings & Fresh Garlic
Brussel Sprouts with Pecans
Butter Lettuce with Mandarin Oranges and Red Onion
Cranberry Kumquat Sauce










And a Plum Pie




This week I am in the studio, working with my new Bonbon Girls who will be helping me at our holiday events this season and finishing my final project for my landscape design class which ends tomorrow night.
And writing this blog post. And all kinds of other things. Until the hinges come off, it's all pretty good. 
Love, Me

Our Bonbon Oiseau Lookbooking Tumblr Page turned Four today! 

No comments: