Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Last Two Days for Bonbons


Yesterday was a record day for Bonbon at the Brooklyn Flea's Gifted, for gents buying pretty things for their ladies, raffles flying, and actual real holiday love in the air. I got to meet some great people looking for just the right gift, collaborate on some custom necklaces, and see old customers that come for bonbons every year!

There's something really nice about seeing people shop at the Brooklyn Flea-purchases supporting local businesses, encouraging handmade small production, the special vintage find for just the right person or locally designed but produced in regions where people need the work is the best thing we can do for ourselves and the planet. For serious.

There's only two more days left for Gifted, so come and see for yourself.
And here's a small sampling of some of my favorite vendors at the flea doing great and beautiful things:
Australian Scents
(beautifully rich handmade soaps and bodycare)
Beau Ideal
(gorgeous paper goods and prints--I'm getting mine today)
Brady & Kowalski Writing Machines
(vintage typewriters--I know several little kids who need these--I have one now to use for my signs! I love it!)
Daily Memorandum
(vintage amazingness-jars, lights, antlers, all that stuff)
Hazel Village
(beautiful soft handmade toys that wee ones will actually treasure--I got my little pal Taiyo a red fox--they even make clothes for the animals--get out!)
Osborne Design
(she's our neighbor at the flea and is selling not the shoes but her beautiful prints--I want the wallpaper real bad)
Rain Lily
(silk scarves from Cambodia, embroidered bags from Vietnam, silver jewelry from Thailand, all from collectives Katie actually travels for and works with. The prices are incredibly reasonable and the work is spectacular-I always feel great about giving gifts from her.
Windowfarms
(I just met Britta but it was love at first sight--I love what they're doing, what they're achieving and what it looks like. This is what I want for kissmas. And a flock of ducks.
(I hope Jim is reading)

Friday the 24th is the last day for the raffle. Getcha raffle tickets heyuh!

1 comment:

hmstrjam said...

Joyeux Noel Miss Bon! Make a snowman for me in the city!