Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday Dose of Inspiration: an admission and a wish






all photos by Ellen Silverman
represented by Marilyn Cadenbach


I was alternately brimming with inspiration this weekend working in the new studio of my friend and teacher and completely overwhelmed when I came back to my own studio and saw all the work ahead of me, not helped in the least by my studio, which is, by the way, still unfinished aka, half done (hence no refurbishing updates (yet).

I'm trying to do a lot of new things, and am late with producing the event that exhibiting in Paris is each season. The truth is, I wasn't going to go. I just wanted to concentrate on working on the new space, gathering some new skills, revamping all that is Bonbon, just doing things a little differently. I was very late to decide I COULD NOT SKIP PARIS!! Now I am out of breath and whining.

This was a roundabout way to say how happy I was to visit Asya at Gleena late last night---there's a quiet to her aesthetic choices I don't possess right now. She wrote about the photographer Ellen Silverman and it was like a gift. It slowed me down, lifted me up from the soup and made me realize I'm moving way too fast in a sea of buttery clutter. I love my friends.
(The Gleena-Bonbon collaboration will be available to all of you very soon...)

7 comments:

Asya said...

You are the sweetest... thank you so much. I wish you fair weather in Paris, and know you will love your visit. Sending you love, Asya.

cindy* said...

so happy for you that you aren't skipping paris!

love these inspiration ;)

limonana said...

oh you will be so happy once you are there! such lovely shots of inspiration...

lotta said...

I am glad you are going to Paris too, but i can only imagine the stress and effort to get there. I don't know how you do it. I am stuck in a creative rut over here, with things that did not work out quite as imagined. But it will all lead to something new and unexpected, I hope.

Cindy said...

you'll get there ... paris sounds way better than home office renovations. they will wait for you. i love the pink powderpuff and ellen's photography.

Katrina said...

agreed. i have been swimming in too many directions lately and had a bit of a re-setting with a simple trip to the coast. someone told me, "work smarter, not harder". ugh. so true...glad these gorgeous photos cheered you up. happy paris!

Unknown said...

Wishing you wonderful luck and times in Paris! So glad you are going. Yes, it's so hard to slow things down sometimes, but it sounds like it's all falling into place for you. Beautiful photos!!

xoxo