Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Bad with Names, Great with Faces

not the actor that stopped by my stand at the Brooklyn Flea

At the Brooklyn Flea on Saturday, an incredibly handsome British actor stopped at my stand and, even though I had no idea what his name was and could not remember what I had seen him in, I pretended not to be starstruck. I think it was Sex and the City. Or some incredibly innocuous romantic comedy that I watch as a reward for my brain. He was blonde and chiseled and had a gajillion dollar smile:

Handsome British Actor: "Wow, these are just lovely..what are these little pieces?"
Me: "Oh those stuff is, I mean those pieces are...umm...glass pendants of antique glass inlaid-foil milk, I mean it's milk-GLASS and they're pendants probably from around the turn-of-the-country's, umm, I mean century."
HBA: (He examines my idiocy from under his sunglasses)"...oh wow....very nice! Do you just find them in thrift shops and such?"
Me: (trying to be charming, luckily coming off pretentious) Well, I have a few sources for antique bits in Paris and a few for bobs here in the states and well, I find them that way. doy douuuhhhhhdoyuuuuh...."

A few more quips and witicisms and he was gone, disappearing into the abyss, Bonbon postcard folded up in his back pocket, off to be handsome and quasi-famous somewhere else in the world.

When I get home, I google british actors, new british actors, australian actors, british australian actors nyc, sex in the city bit roles, australian british sex in the city chiseled features, dimpled chin... to no avail. But I did find the above, an insanely handsome picture of this fellow, Hugh Dancy, to which I thought, come on people. How can you be THAT farking good looking? I mean really....

(Here's to the real star of Saturday...)

15 comments:

Julia said...

This made me laugh so hard! I would have performed just as brilliantly in the face of handsome brittishness! Your bonbons are enough to pull ANYONE in, darling, never fear!

Marichelle said...

oh deb, you handled that one better than I would've. I probably would've soiled myself while attempting to recall what it was I was selling in the first place...

Cindy said...

you are SO cute! and, hubba, hubba hugh dancy! he needs a bonbon for his sweetie, claire danes.

Bonbon Oiseau said...

cindy you are SO in the know...if you were there, you probably would have known who the hba was...damn it!!!

thanks Jewels.
And Marichelle, he was cute, but not...soilable...

erin said...

hysterical!

the other day at the restaurant i had a run in with quasi-famous tv actors who film here in wilmington...only i didn't even know they were famous...just figured they were a really good looking bunch, oy. until, of course, the 15 year old sitting next to them appeared to be going into some kind of shock and her kind mother had to explain her reaction! let's just say, the girl wasn't exactly composed...

thanks for the birthday wishes! xoxo.

Esti said...

oh, but at least you spoke the same language. I can imagine myself babbling one syllable words and sounding so clumsy and spaniard, you know...
I hope you get to sell him some beautiful bonbons in the future.
:)

onesilentwinter said...

so i don't really get star struck numbness of the brain, but i have to say i think it's changing, i think i woul have been just the same but i would have added spilling of my drink over the table and maybe a bit of foaming of the mouth:)

cindy* said...

haha, oh deb this is glorious! at least you made some sentient statements...i would have done my usual smile politely and stare silently. completely and honestly socially inept over here.

Marie said...

Very, very funny.

What Possessed Me said...

Wait - was it Jude Law? Because if it was Jude Law I would have been flattened by my own lameness and social awkwardness.

I'm sure Jude Law just thinks you are an eccentric artistic person. This is always a good fall-back. xoxoxo

heidi said...

Hmmm... I hope it was Paul Bettany. He's so very very dreamy! :)

Cannelle Et Vanille said...

I love it!!! I'm going to have to google him too now or maybe even better, start watching all my sex and the city dvds from beginning to end! I love the photos of the BO stand at the flea market. cute, cute, cute!

TERI REES WANG said...

He's so hot for you!...
You will be seeing him again soon. ;P

AC said...

gaassssspp!! i have to admit i am a secret sucker for girly movies and i just saw him in confessions of a shopaholic - cuuuute!

agree with heidi that paul bettany is dreamy as well!

Anonymous said...

I'm left with a strong curiousity as to who stopped by your booth!