Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday's Inspiration: Thinking Fellers


* Heading East by the photographer Raul Guttierez (his photographs above). I love where he's been and where he goes.

images, some from here, found by GS

* Projections by Giovanni Sidari. He is my neighbor. He is an architect. I just found out he has this blog and it's filled with big beautiful questions about what gets built, our relation to what gets built, and the spaces in between. It has compelled me for the last 3 rainy days since I found it. (found via welcome to the living lab-my other neighbor)

photos by Aun Koh

* Chubby Hubby by Aun Koh. Because I love reading about food by a man who loves food. And who loves his wife. The fact that he lives in Singapore and is a mean photographer is the perfect flavor enhancer.

For the new week, in honor of Father's Day, and an inspiring start of summer, blogs by a few good men. The images to words ratio slash inspiration factor is huge in these. Be impressed in infinite ways.
Happy (almost dry) Monday...

12 comments:

Clarity said...

I am charmed here. A true smorgasbord, it's interesting to see the artistic/masculine nature of the work.

Btw I laughed at your Keith Richards hair comment, it made my comments day :)

Butternut Squash said...

Rich and dramatic, thanks for sharing the photos.

Lori P said...

What beautiful photos! Very inspiring.

erin said...

i love your neighbors! those russian houses are incredible.

cindy* said...

mesmerized. that is what i am right this very minute. bookmarked it all. thanks lovely!

Isabelle said...

The russian houses are so beautiful, let's hope Poland will have similar beauties ...and thanks for the links !!

Julia said...

What a neat collection of artists and photographers. I loved the description you gave of Aun Koh! *sighs* sounds like a keeper, doesn't he?

Dionne said...

What a lovely collection of images. The people, the food, the lighting. It's all marvelous!

Katrina said...

oh my goodness, that top photo w/ the umbrellas just totally made my day. i adore it.

Ailurophile said...

Beautiful pictures all of them. Thanks a lot for sharing. Like your pretty blog :)

dee said...

Wow, Raul Guttierez...love those.

Alexa said...

This just reminds me that it doesn't matter where I go, there's always somewhere else to keep exploring...thanks for the links.