Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Keep Calm

Helpful thoughts of the day. I bought these "Keep Calm and Carry On" silkscreened posters, new revivals of street posters plastered around Britain during World War Two. Instructions for keeping hold of yourself while facing the real fears of war, it's funny that the new adaptation can be used to keep your sense of humor when the sh*t is hitting the fan. (or to quell the modern anxieties of work and life before you get out there and participate). I bought mine as gifts from the lovely SF Girl By The Bay here in the U.S. but these are from a terrific website in the U.K called "Keep Calm".

I absolutely love these framed versions. I'd love to have the three above where I can see them first thing in the morning. Also love these silkscreens below, being a big fan of the power of words, by artist Douglas Wilson.
This would make a nice Valentine, by Douglas Wilson

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these!

Bonbon Oiseau said...

I'd like to make the "DO YOUR BEST" my wallpaper (as in for my bedroom--I already tiled it and made it my laptop's wallpaper)