Monday, September 10, 2007

80 Days

Nearing Paris. The collections are finished and now I'm working on getting the invitation out and the line sheets made. I'm really proud of the latest collection, "80 Days" based on Jules Verne's Around the World in 80 Days. The concept is imagining our protagonist was a fearless young woman who's set off on her trip around the world, picking up mementos and talismans along the way from her visits to exotic far-flung lands, adorning herself with her memories strung along in her jewelry on gold, silk and silver.The Showroom website looks great and they've uploaded my images which I'm really happy with. Click on the "pictures and video" button, for an avant garde introduction to the expo. You'll catch a glimpse of me going on about why I like exhibiting here and also why I'll never make it on the big screen. Am also excited to be exhibiting with some top-notch designers especially Hiroko Murakami. I think her work is beautifully tailored yet ethereal with incredible attention to detail and craftsmanship.

3 comments:

Vivilicious said...

Hi Deb, Hope you're feeling back to normal! So excited for your Paris show, I'm sure it will be even better than the last one. Don;t forget to have the steak frites, yum yum ;-p

Limonada said...

The new work is just amazing!

Ada

Anonymous said...

It's Jules Vernalicious! Legendary designer Saul Bass did the 1956 film adaptation's opening credits. Which ALSO remind me of the new collection!
http://www.notcoming.com/saulbass/caps_around80days.php