Sunday, May 25, 2008

On a Beautiful Sunny Weekend on Long Island

The Sun is out, my mom is feeling better, and I was thinking after we see her this morning to take a drive to the beach at Robert Moses State Park--our favorite Long Island beach and within a 20 minute drive from my parent's house. I love the bridge over the bay, the pretty white sand beach and the hiking trail to the lighthouse that we usually save for the end of the day after everyone starts to go home, with deer that get so close to you, you could pet them. I think from that lighthouse, you could walk east all the way to the end of Fire Island if you wanted.

I was looking for pictures of the beach and came across these first by a photographer whose rich photos shed new light on Long Island for me. I've been perusing now for over an hour.

All photos above copyrighted by Alida Thorpe .
be sure to visit her blogs for more beautiful images.

4 comments:

The Royal Me said...

SWOON! this pics are LOVE-AH-LEE!

Anonymous said...

HA! The photo of the Robert Moses Causeway bridge must have been taken after the Andromeda Strain wiped out all life on earth. I've never seen that puppy without a zillion cars on it and an hour-long backup. Yet this image interests me strangely, and ... I can't look away. Even now, surrendering my will to resist, I am applying my Rays-go-Away Sunblock with the SPF rating of 287, in eager anticipation of the first beachy beach day of the soon-to-be glorious summer .... ahhhhhhh! Bobby Moses, look out, dude!

Alida Thorpe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alida Thorpe said...

Hi!
Thanks for the quick reply.
I'm not upset and you don't have to remove it since it was a few months ago. And I do appreciate the link to my site.

I was just surprised since most people usually ask first. Also, most of my photos are blogged from my flickr account so if someone clicks on the photo it goes to the original on flickr. On your site here, if someone clicks, they can just see the larger version and can copy and sell that.

Leave it as it is but do be more careful. You can get someone who will charge you, or worse, sue. I've heard it happen.

You have a nice site and the jewelry is very pretty.
Alida