Monday, May 19, 2008

Chai, a Tribute

Another mesmerizing glimpse into the terrarium.

Late Sunday afternoon, we returned from Long Island in pouring rain, with a bag full of Lipton First Flush Darjeeling tea leaves and fresh green cardamom from a shopping trip at the Patel Brothers Grocers in Hicksville. Inspired by Ana's recipe, I made us a little chai on a cold rainy Sunday. I skipped the cloves and black peppercorns for a pinch of cayenne and a handful of crushed almonds.

The initial ingredients. I couldn't resist buying a large
green tin of Lipton's Special Darjeeling tea.

Totally sexy green cardamom. That is the foxiest green
on the planet next to moss.

Chai boiling and chai poured

My favorite teapot given to me as a wedding gift by
my maid-of-honor Jen

Then we settled down to watch my favorite adolescent rebellion movie, Over the Edge (it was Matt Dillon's first role --I mean, come on!). That movie had defined many parts of my teenage existence or at least my love for Surrender by Cheap Trick and anything by the Cars. It made the sun come out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG i totally forgot about over the edge and read your post and totally remembered it and that you loved it!
Joie

AC said...

i saw that movie for the first time maybe 2 years ago. see you at the rec center!

Anonymous said...

What about Little Darlings???

_ joie

Bonbon Oiseau said...

I've been walking around all day with a comb in my back pocket in tribute.