Friday, May 2, 2008

Bride's Head Revisited

Today is my best pal's 10 year wedding anniversary. I've known her since I was 5. She had a lovely wedding in a beautiful old hotel in Cape May, NJ where she had spent summers as a kid and near where her husband grew up. It was a meaningful wedding.

This has been the week that's officially kicked off my wedding season and has been filled with bridal stuff and brides and I stumbled upon this lovely Seattle based wedding planning site Junebug (with a great blog) filled with inspiration to also make yours a meaningful (and well photographed) wedding.

It's as glossy as a candy apple and just as delicious. The shoots and locations are amazing and suddenly it made my own wedding, wayyyy back in 2000 look a little...homespun.

This wedding, below, reminds me a lot of my own wedding day on a late farm afternoon in August.If I could do it again (and hey, maybe I will) I might wear a shorter dress like this pretty one and a cool little flyaway veil, (like the ones I've been making for other brides) and maybe I'd suggest to Jim he wear a lighter color suit (although he looked damn good in his dark colored suit) for our late afternoon farmhouse wedding. Suddenly I want a do-over.

9 comments:

ana dane said...

well, where are your first wedding pics? we need something to compare it to.

Bonbon Oiseau said...

ha. pre-digital baby? you think i have time to scan and upload them? well..maybe I will.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking I would wear a powder blue tux the next time around...

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your sweet words about Junebug!!! So very flattering, right back at ya!

Anonymous said...

yes--do-over--do a do-over! let's go back to Blue Hill!
daddy-o

Bonbon Oiseau said...

Christy, Your site is so beautiful! My pleasure.
Mr. bonbon, how about a powder blue-hill tux?

ana dane said...

can i be the flower girl?

Anonymous said...

hmmm.

Anonymous said...

why wear anything next time?

--Joie