Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Some Color Inspiration for Bonbon

prettiness from noa noa

pale flower pinkishness from the gorgeous la rouge porte

detail of (and excellent post about) Babel from Tasting Rhubarb

my dried cardamom pods

lace finds from fine little day

Beautiful handmade vanilla marshmallows
from the wonderful foodbeam


Am in the process of getting ready to design my Spring/Summer 2009 Collections. I'm honing in on the "mise en scene" and I've almost got that down (tell you about that soon-think industrial revolution, handmade chains in pewtered silver and rich gold, lace and linen flowers) but right now I'm thinking in colors. Pale colors, almost shades of white with touches of vibrancy, the colors of early Summer, the colors that you dream about in Winter and Spring:

pale whites: marshmallow, old lace and linen, peony blush

green: pale cucumber & cardomom green

orange: apricot & cantaloupe

pinks: rhubarb & watermelon & plum, peonies and rose petals

yellow: citrus, squash & tea yellow

I can't wait to see what happens.

12 comments:

AC said...

awesome, can't wait! also, love that tray with the lace - so pretty and dainty.

Anonymous said...

Love the the top photograph so much- yes as you can see i love those colors! I looked at your collection stunning!

cindy* said...

i am excited to see what you come up with. spring/summer always makes me nostalgic for warm evenings cast in that soft yellow-orange glow that can only be found in season.

for some musical inspiration you should give "16, maybe less" a listen by iron and wine/calexico off of in the reins...if you have not already heard it. i have an entire playlist dedicated to spring and summer and this song is one of my faves. i even bought it on vinyl.

Mrs.French said...

Oh my! If this is your inspiration, I am dying and yes I do mean dying to see what you come up with!

Bonbon Oiseau said...

Thanks for the music picks Cindy-love Calexico...more more...I need some new music in the studio.

Man, I better come up with something good now!

Marie Louise said...

Beautiful photos and wonderful colors. I'm sure your collection will be lovely - look forward to seeing more of it!

ana dane said...

if bonbon makes it, it will be beautiful. guaranteed.

TIG said...

Sounds lovely! Looking forward. Love the second image best.

Anonymous said...

wow this is so beautiful. can't wait!

by the way, isn't the name of the last blog foodbeam, not foodstuff?
I can't seem to find the post about marshmallows.

Bonbon Oiseau said...

Thanks for catching that Gemma-I appreciate it! It is Foodbeam, you're right, and the link's been fixed too!

Jacqueline said...

that noa noa photo is devine...

Noa Noa Online said...

We have some great pictures of the latest NOA NOA Autumn Collection on our new online shop.....feel free to check them out.