Friday, June 27, 2008

Tilleul

Tilleul from diptyque in Paris, my all time,
hands-down favorite, no matter what I say here.

This has been a good week. We're in good shape on the work front, The Farmer's Market is overflowing with possibilities and the Linden trees are in full blossom on my street. I'm a sucker for Linden or Tilleul in French. It's sweet scent will catches the breeze, and whether it's dry and sunny or even hot and muggy --the fragrance of Linden can transport me to...I guess to a French road, lined with big fragrant trees leading me to...
dinner in a garden, hopefully in Provence, wishfully here...and if I were to eat anything, I'd love to try this, a recipe for "Marc Meneaus's chicken in a linden infusion" from the wonderful L'Atelier Vert, and I would serve it in this, from her lovely on-line shop in Linden yellow. last three photos from L'Atelier Vert


4 comments:

cookworm said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog! What lovely flowering trees those are. I'm a big fan of diptyque scents, too - my favorite is Cedre.

ana dane said...

is THAT what that intoxicating smell is on your street? it puts me in a daze every time i walk down it.

or is that the thought of matcha cookies?

Helene said...

My grandmother got me Tilleul as my first "perfume" when I was a little girl and I have been wearing ever since...needless to say that I jumped when I saw your post! Yes, yes, yes!!!

Tracey said...

Oh, my! I LOVE the scent of linden . . . didn't know that there was a perfume . . . almost named Willa - Linden!