Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Garden Time 2013







It is time. This year into the escape garden will go some climbing roses, some lavender, and a wisteria vine. I found a small lilac that will grow in a container as well. Fuck it, I am going to take this to 11.

The greatest part of my day is checking in on the two mourning doves, Habigail and her boyfriend Nanook sitting on a couple of eggs in the old ceramic windowbox my thyme usually dies in. See her or him up there sitting on her or his nest? I read that they take turns sitting on the huevos, she by day, him by night. It's like when they cast twins to play the role of "the baby" because of child labor laws. You are tricked into thinking it is "the baby" since they never show up at the same time, early Olsen twin like.

Habigail and Nanook and the huevos

6 comments:

Tracey said...

Looks like eden to me! What sweetness!

{Happy spring!}

Color Me Green said...

i fully support the lilac. i thought about getting one but as my boyfriend reminded me, i shouldn't spent a ton on putting bushes into a rental yard. but you only live once you know?

Bonbon Oiseau said...

But Julia look! http://www.whiteflowerfarm.com/67573-product.html#.UYBiy79F50g

It's the Prairie Petite! It can be put in a container and then taken with you where ever you go!
wheeeeeeee!!!

Bonbon Oiseau said...

Awww...Hi Tracey!!

elizabeth said...

Such a pair of charmers!
we had two woodpeckers but they have vanished!
Happy weekend.

Estrella said...

Swettest thing ever!! i find it funny you call them huevos, really funny!