Saturday, April 14, 2007

Craft and Design on a Blustery Day

Props to Miss Malaprop's cool blog for showing this clip of Handmade Nation, a documentary by Faythe Levine and Micaela O’Herlihy. You can watch the YouTube clip right over there in my sidebar or click the pic above. It seems to perfectly capture the spirit of why we do what we do in a really thoughtful and lovely way. The dialogue a film like this creates, will open up vast new worlds for people. It makes me feel excited like a little kid and of course there's that added extra oomph of a greater sense of community and acceptance. It reminded I should pay homage to the website for D.I.Y., which I found on graphic designer/artist Margo Pearson's. It's the companion to the great book, edited by Ellen Lupton and which I keep on my desk. I love the modern step-by-steppiness of it and has inspired some new packaging and marketing ideas for me. I'm really interested in the article about logos by Mike Weikert. Check it out here.

No comments: