Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thank You

Two important lessons I've learned:
1. NEVER quit your job in an email.
2. Handwritten thank you cards make a strong impact on people and are a nice thing to do.
I made these thank you bundles to send to buyers after the Paris show. I took a pretty strip of paper (I cut it from a larger sheet) and wrapped it around thank you's written on letterpressed cards--the ones my necklaces come on that double as notecards (designed and done by Sesame Letterpress)--along with mini versions of the Spring and Fall lookbooks and a business card.

I picked up the chocolate brown envelopes and the printed paper from Kate's Paperie in Manhattan, but you can also get beautiful craftastic stuff from Paper Source. Right after I made them (I swear!), I got the Paper Source catalog, which was all about wedding invitations. They looked just like mine and mine looked just like theirs. I bet all those buyers thought they were getting invited to a wedding.

No comments: