Friday, July 18, 2008

a summer night and a full moon


Went for a little walk in the neighborhood to get some ingredients.







Came back and sat in the garden 'til sundown.



Came in and tried this chocolate souffle recipe from the inspiring Cannelle et Vanille as a little going away dessert for Jim--he went to see some friends for a few days. I wish I could have made mine look like her perfectly exquisite desserts but..well...even though I caught them here after they fell, they had such a beautiful texture inside and tasted delicious!

Outside, after dessert, was such a bright full moon, but I didn't take a picture of that. Did you see it?

6 comments:

Cannelle Et Vanille said...

I'm so glad you tried it! And yes, they do fall quickly but that happens to all souffles so don't worry. They look beautiful!

ana dane said...

um, did you make a third one?

please say yes. i still haven't had breakfast.

High Desert Diva said...

OMG...the souffle!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you tried another recipe from aran- she is amazing! and they look delicious!

I love the garden in the moonlight! it is a lucky place to be.

Helene said...

What a wonderful walk and nothing beats chocolate after that!

TIG said...

Oh, that chocolate soufflé looks delcious -- your summer night sounds like my weekend. Isn't summer amazing?