Friday, March 6, 2009

elle dreams of paris















Hi this is nadia from la porte rouge i am so excited for the opportunity to share a post here with you, thank you for having me deb!
well we all remember our first trip to paris or at least played what it would be like to be in paris over and over in our heads, that it almost feels like we have been there. I remember my first visit, my second and third...but every-time i get of the plane it always feel like my first time, yet also home.

I talk about paris with my niece elle often. i hope to be able to take her on her first trip. i can not wait to see it through her eyes. I remember how it forever changed me, became part of my makeup. I matured there , perhaps came into my own. I would walk for hours and hours. I remember coming across Camille Claudel's home i sat there in front of it thinking of her impressed and saddened by her fate. I was fortunate to have been shown some wonderful places and i got to stay in some epic chateaus( merci tante vicky) I remember being taken to the best of restaurants at least twice a day, but my favorite of all meals was when i protested to my aunt and said please can we stay in "pour le diner", we had a baguette, my first taste of goat cheese, how had i not had this before..grapes..that was paris to me. there was a cafe over looking the carousel up on the hill, my first paris chocolat chaud, the wind blew hard that day yet i remember every detail, the table cloth, the waiter, the sounds of cups being cleared and laughter. I could fill page after page with my memories of paris.

I took some photographs of elle when i told her i would be writing a post for Bon Bon Oiseau " i like that name auntie" she said,   "me to very much"

grand bisou deb!!!

11 comments:

Bonbon Oiseau said...

nadia---i have to say, this is outstanding...i love your shoot with elle--the pictures are so fun and touching at the same time and your beautiful paris memoir as well...i will pass camille claudel's house this morning and think of you!

thank you so much nadia! (can elle be the next bonbon oiseau model!???? and am so glad she likes the name!)

in another lifetime said...

Do you ever sit in front of the computer staring at the comments box thinking "surely there must be new english words for beautiful out there that get at the sense a bit better"? I just don't know what to say, except that this is perfect and mesmerizing. As you know I had a very special first trip to Paris with a friend of the family when I was a little girl, and I relate to so much of what you've written here. As for the photos....they are my favorites so far. I'm off, now, to enjoy the rest of Bonbon Oiseau!

Cindy said...

nadia - you have out done yourself and that is no easy task. the photos are really special. elle is such a beauty and the dress is so pretty. of course, there are the red shoes ;). thanks for sharing your memories of paris.

Anonymous said...

les photos sont belles douces et rêveuses à la fois, tu sais capter la beauté et avec un touche de poésie sublime!! Elle est vraiment très photogénique! Merci x x x

cindy* said...

i love this nadia! elle is just the picture of youth and dreams...with the photos and your words, you have captured everything perfectly. lovely, lovely.

Cannelle Et Vanille said...

she is the perfect model. how beautiful and dreamy!

Helene said...

What a great post Nadia! Elle is absolutely gorgeous!

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Oh! How absolutely wonderful! Your niece is a doll and what a wonderful idea!
xo
Melis

Esti said...

I hope you can take this great model to Paris soon :)

Unknown said...

Oh these photos are phenomenal!

Healing Naturaly said...

Lovely blog, congratulations.