Sunday, March 15, 2009

welcome home + le château de versailles

Hello everyone! Visiting from {this is glamorous}, and delighted to join the wonderful panel of guests here at Bonbon Oiseau while Deb is away in Paris . . .

Was happily in the City of Light
last summer . . . and when dreams are of Paris, the first thing that often comes to mind is La Tour Eiffel, but for me, many beautiful memories are associated with the magical Château de Versailles, just outside of the city . . .

The welcoming gates of the Château, beautifully shot by Karl Lagerfeld.

The wonderful and expansive grounds, {above & below}, perfect for a lovely picnic and a glass of champagne . . .

A peek inside the Château . . .

And when all is said and done and you've returned home again, you'll always have your perfect Parisian memories . . .

{Welcome home, Deb!}

{images: 1 - captivate me; 2 - dankse on flickr; 3 - Paris by Pia Jane Bijerk; 4 - editorial: High Fashion, Haper's Bazaar November 2007; models: Snejana Onopka, Jessica Stam etc.; photography by Karl Lagerfeld; 5, 6, 7 - photography by {this is glamorous} June 2008; 8 - back issue of martha stewart living via this post}

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in love with that third image..beautiful :-) Have a great Sunday!!

hmstrjam said...

beautiful and glamorous in Paris, love!

Callie Grayson said...

what a beautiful post of versailles. I do have to say the chateau is my favorite when I toured Europe.
The last image from Martha Stewart is on my refrigerator:) I love the idea and have made several with family history items inside with the country traveled, to get the items. Perfect gifts for family:)

Cindy said...

they are all so beautiful. i love the chandelier and the shadow box!

Mrs.French said...

oh goodness...this makes my heart beat fast...so, so beautiful...xo t

cindy* said...

gorgeous...everything is perfect!

Melissa de la Fuente said...

So great.....thank you for reminding me of lovely memories of versailles as well!
xo
Melis

Unknown said...

This is just a gorgeous post. And that gown--swoon!

xo Mary Jo

Revolution Malibu said...

amazing stunning good.

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVE PARIS!!! Alas visit can only visit virtually these days! Glad I popped over to see you... I'm going to paint that view of the tower!

Dottie Bassett said...

Thank you so much for the Paris shadow box photo!
I have years and years of trips in separate boxes just waiting to go in shadow boxs.
Brilliant idea!
Have a wonderful Holiday.
Dottie