Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday Dose of I: Go(ing to) Fly a Kite







Hope you had a great weekend everyone... I'm back with a Monday Dose of Inspiration to kick-start a wintry windy spring week. As you know I have a few projects underway and each is going so well, I'm adding a new one: I want to hold the First Annual Bonbon Oiseau Kite Flying Festival Extravaganza to welcome spring only I've been looking everywhere for the little paper kites kids fly in India, especially during the yearly Spring Heralding festival called Mankar Sakranti, where rooftops all over India are filled with kids flying kites! Kites to no avail--I can't find them here in the states.
I found this bit of inspiration from the amazing files of my newest flickr crush, Meanest Indian, now I just want to bring these kites here for the First Annual Bonbon Oiseau Kite Flying Festival!

17 comments:

Cindy said...

i'm in - let's do it! these little ones are just wonderful. you brightened my day with them

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Oh my.....these are absolutely gorgeous. Completely inspirational. Thank you so much for this welcoming of spring my dear! I am up for any kite flying you want to do my friend!
xo
Melis

onesilentwinter said...

Gosh -how beautiful-look at the strings the colors!! I am in for sure!

Anonymous said...

Oooh great post the children looks so happy and all that colours is a delight for the eyes!!

Merci!

Callie Grayson said...

fantastic images and the colours are soooo pretty!
I love the spools of coloured strings!!! to coordinate with the kites!

I would love to come to your festival!

heidi said...

I think my eyeballs just exploded with joy.
xoh

Maggie May said...

what a riot of color!

Anonymous said...

Oh man...count me in. I want mine to be hot pink.

nichole said...

Dreamy colors! Wow.

Unknown said...

you are most creative my dear. i can't wait to see how this project manifests. the colors in the photos are simply incredible!~

Suzanne : : S.HOPtalk said...

*sigh* Such a lovely idea and images to inspired us!

High Desert Diva said...

I'm in....keep us updated on your kite hunt!

Unknown said...

I am a speechless.

hmstrjam said...

i LOVE the colors bon bon! can't wait for the moroccan kitties- say hi to peaches!

cindy* said...

that is...the best idea ever. ev-ar even. i wish i could be there..dang!

Unknown said...

wow. these are amazing!

Anonymous said...

India is such an endless source of inspiration ...
thanks for this Festival !!