Friday, March 13, 2009

Melissa loves: bonbons and Paris!

Hello lovely friends!
Melissa here, from Melissa loves, I am honored to be here and had so much fun dreaming up a post involving Paris!



















Like a lot of folks, Paris is one of my husband's and my favorite places to be. We went there on our honeymoon and one other time......which is what I would like to tell you about! Is that okay?
Well, when my 30th birthday was approaching Joel was up to all kinds of mischief. Only, I didn't know it. All my friends did, my boss did, even our dogs knew! :) Joel had somehow managed to plan a whole trip to Paris as a surprise for my birthday, right under my nose. He told me about it at my party....where he gave me a journal and a map. A map marked with all of the fun places we would visit while there and a journal so we could write and draw about what we saw there. Now, I am not much of a drawer or writer but, below you will see that we used it again and again. Joel can draw AND write and it is so wonderful now to have this book of our memories preserved. It is so special to me.....



















Perhaps you recognize the "bonbon" lying on the pages of our journal? One of Deb's, yes!
I adore it and wear it everyday.....it makes me feel special and lovely. A lot like our trip to Paris. It was THE nicest thing anyone had ever done for me and I felt so loved, so special.
So, I thought I would share it here with all of you, as it seemed appropriate. Deb being in Paris has stirred up all kinds of lovely imaginings and memories for us all, no? So, I thought....if Joel and I were there today...what would be some bonbon's I would like to have with me? (besides Deb's of course) I hope you like them and thank you so much for inviting me to visit Deb and for having me (dear Deb's) readers. I had so much fun!





















~Adorable print
here(it feels so French to me)
~lovely top here(what I wish to be wearing)
~ perfect skirt here(this too!)
~my favorite cup & saucer here(for my tea or chocolate chaud!)
~romantic bracelet here (oh, just a little something we pick up in one of the shops :)
~sweet little coinpurse here (to hold money for bonbons in!)
~chic flats here (hopefully they are comfy for there will lots of walking,no?)

Happy Friday all!
xo
Melis
(thank you again Deb...)

15 comments:

Marichelle said...

Thanks for sharing your trip with us melis - how sweet and romantic! That Joel! And that journal!?! I'm sure it's one of your most treasured items. Lovely picks as always and it's so nice to see you over here! Have a great weekend my friend!

Cannelle Et Vanille said...

thank you for sharing with us. What a gorgeous couple you are!

Cindy said...

yes, thank you for sharing. as always, i love your choices. the two of you are absolutely glowing :).

Anonymous said...

Lovely post about one of my favorite (if not my favorite) places — Paris! Love all of the fabulous finds!

Andrea said...

That is the sweetest surprise ever! Thanks for sharing it with us. It's a great picture of you and Joel too. I want to go to Paris right now!

Unknown said...

I went to Paris for my 30th birthday too! It was wonderful:) I'm so enjoying all of these Paris posts...one of my all-time favorite cities!
bisous!!

Anonymous said...

So wonderful and romantic!

Golden Flower said...

I love your journal pages. What a wonderful place to honeymoon! I am going to Paris next week for the first time -- also to celebrate my 30th. I am so excited about writing and sketching in my journal about my experiences in the City of Lights.

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Thank you so much everyone for all of the sweet comments! So lovely to hear about the ladies who are traveling to Paris soon to celebrate THEIR 30th birthdays! How wonderful! *sigh* Paris....
xo
Melis

Julia said...

How wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing!

Vana said...

wonderful post, melissa! And how sweet of your hubby to surprise you like that:) xoxo

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful post, Melissa! I love the journal, the photograph of the two of you (ravishing) and all of your picks.

cindy* said...

how sweet! thank you for sharing your lovely memories.

Mrs.French said...

such a sigh-worthy post...interestingly enough, I couldn't get the pictures to show, but your words and links carried me through...now that's talent my dear! xo t

Bonbon Oiseau said...

oh so sweet! thank you melissa for sharing your sweet sweet memories...love these! ( can;t get the pics to show either but i agre with frenchie--the words and links carried me through!