Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Polka Dots My Way



o' Yayoi Kusama, how I love thee...

Yesterday afternoon I had a desire to paint polka dots all over one of our walls. As part of my Living in the Moment Scheme, I am paying close attention to my desires. So I called Jen at work and told her," I just walked past one of my walls and had the urge to paint polka dots all over it." She said, "Really? What color?" I said, "Big ones, not sure what color but I'm going to do them MY WAY." She said, "Oh yeah, like squares?" And we laughed and laughed and then the urge went away.

I'd just like to add here that this may be the jet-lag talking but I'm just going to ride this wave of more is more right now. More or less...whatever seems right.

Coming to you from Jim's computer! o o o o o o o ooo o o o o O oO ooo O oO oo O O O O O O o o o

13 comments:

AC said...

when i was younger, 2 of my walls were polka dots and 2 were pastel stripes. i say go for it!

Unknown said...

love love love love!
I had these beautiful white outfit with kelly green polka dots when I was younger. I loved it so much. I still remember it like it was yesterday. I wore it with red shoes. I think I was about 12 or so when I had it - it was shorts and a tank. sigh.

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

BEST. POST. EVER!

heidi said...

I'm on a polka dot wave too... just put some big ones in a project I'm working on. Maybe polka dots have penetrated the universal inner consciousness? xoh

TERI REES WANG said...

www.whatisblik.com

...has great removable polka-dots!

cindy* said...

do it, do it! i would paint all kinds of crazy in my apartment if i could. you could do them in shades of the same color with some that are shimmery...ooooh!

sorry, got a little carried away :)

High Desert Diva said...

Oh hell.....I say do it! I painted polka dots on my laundry room floor at our old house. Happy, happy!

Love the black & white photo....

please sir said...

Yay for polka dots!

Anonymous said...

Who doesn't love a good polka dot?! This brightened my day.

Revolution Malibu said...

diggin the dots!!!!

hmstrjam said...

love the polka dots! this artist is crazy- was it marc jacobs that was inspired by her?

corine said...

Funny you left a comment on my blog just as I was catching up with yours. Of course I fell upon this dotted world and Loved it.

Anonymous said...

There's a company called Wall Pops (I think that's the name) that sells moveable vinyl wall graphics in circles or squares and in solids and stripes. You could do polka dots with those. They run around $12 for a 6 pack about a foot diameter. They also have wall stripes.