Thursday, March 19, 2009

the sunny side of the street

Sometimes I return from a trip overwhelmed. After spending a lot of time exploring and absorbing new things, in a new light, lots of newness, sometimes restful, sometimes action-packed--coming home again, back to work, there's that period of readjustment to getting back to the same old stuff while trying to set a new course to somehow keep the recharged energy alive. It's like re-entering the earth's atmosphere. Luckily there are some great things about this week that are keeping me on the happy side of the fence (and the sunny side of the street):

1. Mrs. French wrote such nice things on Monday, I sat in front of my computer and blushed. then I looked through her flikr stream and thought, "wow. did Spring just get gorgeouser?"
traci french's beautiful Spring photos and
a Spring Bonbon she wrote about.


2. I finally finished my notebook entry for Jude's great "Do not Leave Unattended" Project. (I had such enthusiasm for it--loved the idea, the sentiment but...I left it way unattended--try 4 months worth of unattended--I mean-it just kind of happened). Anyway, what was nice was to sit and take out my watercolors and play a little. I decided to leave them out and play with them again, my Spring thing-(notice the polka dots). Here is my entry:

3. a flurry of phone calls from friends and family saying, "GUESS WHERE I AM RIGHT NOW??? URBAN OUTFITTERS STARING AT Your Urban BONBONS" so Jim and I headed over there last night to see and there they were, smiling up at me, with their cute little labels and shimmery little chains saying, " hello mommy"! So yes...take a look--they should be in an Urban Outfitters near you this week...or check it out HERE!

4. I am excited about Krissy's Happiness Project. Beautiful.
5. I'm riding such a wave of calm right now that it is totally freaking me out. Yeah.

15 comments:

onesilentwinter said...

oh deb! thank goodness i am not the only one that held on to the journal for far too long! and then a BIG CONGRATS on the urban outfitters-can't wait to see it in person!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on Urban Outfitters... This is great news! You are mass market... way to go - Joie

Anonymous said...

Your urban bonbons are awesome!! I'm going to have to purchase mr. moon!

Cannelle Et Vanille said...

so many good things happening deb. i can't wait to go to UO to check out the pieces!

Katrina said...

oh, congrats! such great things and a safe-return from a lovely trip too. your guest posts were amazing. as are these photos and bits of bonbon news. welcome home!

Mrs.French said...

such a great way to make your entrance back into real-life...if only all returns could be so wonderful...

thank you for kind words...you always make my day!

I think I need to head to UO to see if my piece is there yet...so surreal...maybe I can pick up a lovely bonbon-spawn while I'm there...xo t

Callie Grayson said...

congrats on the urban outfitters! yeah.
welcome back from your trip.

i love traci's photography. such beauty.

Joyti said...

Your necklaces are so lovely...and I shall check out your shop page :)

hmstrjam said...

yay calm!! yay in store now!

Anonymous said...

I read Traci's article about her Bonbon Oiseau necklace and I was feeling so happy for you ... her words are so touching ...

cindy* said...

wonderful things deb...i checked out uo online and everything is lovely! yay for you sis-tah!

Unknown said...

yay! I'm going to the Urban in my neighborhood tomorrow to check it out! yay!!

Julia said...

Whheee!!!! There's just too much to gush about here :)

Marichelle said...

I can't wait to see them in person Deb, I hope UO know how extremely lucky they are to have you!!!!

dee said...

Deb, so many great things are happening to you and I am so so happy for you!! I just heard the news over at Frenchie's and honestly am smiling ear to ear for the two of you! Couldn't have happened to a sweeter, more talented two:) I can't wait to see your jewelry in person. Enjoy the weekend knowing that you are a full-on rock star!!