Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What the Rain Does









I snapped these a few weeks ago in the back when the big hot pink peonies and roses were out and my tomato plants were still small, when it was only raining every other day and my computer worked. The backyard roses and peonies belong to my landlady but I walk around in it sometimes. I garden in pots on our little patio and in a small 3 x 3 plot which she lent me. That's where I "farm". I think I am more a farmer than a gardener.

This week, there are no more peonies or roses, the tomato and basil plants are getting bigger and there is a beautiful silvery damp coolness in the air. It reminds me of the hills where we spent the monsoons in India. I am good in this weather.

14 comments:

erin said...

stunning as usual. i always love your raindrops.

High Desert Diva said...

Silvery damp coolness.

I'm all about that (says the girl from the desert)

mosey said...

These are gorgeous photos. I love the roses and peonies!

Amy@OldSweetSong said...

behold that strawberry!

please sir said...

Stunning...it does such wonderful things!

cindy* said...

beautiful garden...love the rain, it's like magic.

susy said...

Totally agree. My skin loves this weather, and I hate the city heat...and it's nice to feel cool! My shoes...on the other hand...not so keen on the rain.

I love that picture of the cat. She has that worried look kitties get when they are concerned about getting their fur wet.

P said...

Lovely shots - that blade of grass is amazing. Roses and peonies are heaven. My roses are achingly slow. It's killing me.

Cindy said...

and with raindrops. lovely captures. i think i saw the sun for an instant, today.

heidi said...

I heart Icky.

High Desert Diva said...

Here's an idea for your farm:
http://www.dirtdujour.com/item/gutter_greens/

TERI REES WANG said...

You must be one Fab-Farmer, 'cause that is one Hot-Pink-Peony!

...lucky duck.

Marie said...

The waterdrops on the blade of grass remind me of a story I loved when I was little. About a necklace of water...hopefully during today I will remember the author and the story. The girl in it kept losing her drops, one by one.

I am good in this weather, too. It reminds me of winter in Cape Town. Misty, green. Last nigth I dreamed of picking mushrooms in a pine forest.

hmstrjam said...

Love all the flowers in Brooklyn! Is that icky in the window?! Gobi looks so sweet, hope he's ok! Hope you're having a blast riding out all this rain!