Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Huzzah for Gumtree






We are so happy to have met Lori at the DUMBO Brooklyn Flea last Sunday, the owner of Gumtree in Hermosa Beach. She took a look at some bonbons at our stand and asked if she could pack them up and take them right back to her shop. Vanessa immediately said yes and now we are suuupah proud to welcome her to our list of California stockists!

The pictures of her shop look so...ethereal..it's a true bonbon dream to be chosen for a shop like this--a little universe to fall into...what an incredible eye and what gorgeous stories she tells...and the good news is when we all meet up in sunny LA, (aren't we all going to meet up?) we can eat Australian food (her husband owned Eight Mile Creek in Manhattan) in the cafe.

Wow. Double whammy...another Brooklyn Flea star who we are always so happy to see, just gave our vintage bonbon key fobs a sweet little write-up on her blog, Candy Cranks, a blog dedicated to awesome biking chicks with reports from all over the world...thanks Marie!

8 comments:

Callie Grayson said...

congrats!
oh, Hermosa Beach is such a sweet spot. I used to run down the beach path from my house to Hermosa beach and back..... such a lovely run. *sigh* missing california sunshine (it's pouring rain here is chicago at the moment)

anyways, how awesome to have your lovely items at such a sweet shop!

Mandarine D'Italie said...

Wow.. this shop looks amazing ... I am glad your stunning creations have found ... home!! I think they will fit perfectly with the shop style !

Congratulation ! plus thank u for your words of support about 'neighbors madness' ... there is really no limits, i see!!!
Cx

Alyssa said...

What a beautiful shop! And even more so with your lovelies :) congrats

hmstrjam said...

yay spread the bon bon love!

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Aw, that is so fantastic hun! YAY! I am so proud of you and your gorgeous bon bons! I so wish I could come to hug you in person on thursday but, I am not sure I can( the hubs is working) but, I hope you gals and guys have a great time!
xoxo
Melis

TERI REES WANG said...

I have been to Gum Tree, and met Lori and her husband. She runs the "home" side, and he runs the "food" side. Together they make for a nice afternoon of various delights.
I wish I were closer, I could be there every day.

You found a nice place to park your product. Lucky you.

molly said...

that's awesome! willie, lori's husband, is an old friend of us meng sisters. it was exciting to read about their scene on here, deb. what a cool connection!

cindy* said...

beautiful shop! how fun...